Friday, April 8, 2011

My Testimony ~ Kawanna Perine

I was told today to never get tired of telling about the goodness of God and what He has done for me.  There's always somebody who hasnt heard my story. So here it is again: I still remember like it was yesterday, I woke up one morning and couldn’t move a muscle. My hands, knees, ankles and feet were swollen. I couldn’t even dress myself or comb my hair to get to the doctor. After being wheeled into Dr’s office, that day was the beginning of my new life with Lupus. And although I had suffered many years of pain and the rollercoaster ride of “you do have it, you don’t have, it’s a possibility”…..it was still very gut wrenching to hear the words “Maam you do in fact have Lupus”. This was the summer of 2006, age 29. The first nine months was the most horrible period of my life!! I endured countless number of doctor’s visits, numerous changes in medications, painful blood tests (sometimes on a weekly basis). And as if several months of this weren't enough, I was then told by my doctor that "we need to take more drastic measures to hit this thing head on". The Lupus had began to overtake my body. Two weeks after my 30th birthday the "drastic measure" was chemotherapy (In some Lupus cases chemo is used as a method to decrease abnormal activity in the immune system). At this point I had so many mixed emotions. I went from being scared to death, to being angry with God for allowing this to happen to me. I successfully completed 5 months of chemo (2-3 months sooner than they had expected). After the chemo I was now facing a new set of challenges, which included extreme weight loss & weight gain, hair loss, low self-esteem etc. A few months later God really began to deal with me......even in my broken state of mind. Just as plain as day God said, "This is bigger than you, I need YOU to pray for those who are not able to get a prayer through, I need YOU to lay hands on those who may not know ME as a healer". I'm no fool; I got busy soon after that!! I told God as long as He gave me movement in my body and gave me the words to say I would be a vessel. Now almost 4 years later I've been speaking out against Lupus at various churches, health fairs, concerts, comedy shows, boys & girls clubs......to anyone who will listen. And just when I got up, got busy, practiced forgiveness, MY MIRACLE CAME!!

Listen to how I got my healing by clicking on the link below:
My story on You Tube 


Join me and thousands of my SALs on
MAY 14th, 2011 as we walk for a cure
By simply clicking on the link below:  
Team Koopie Walking 4 A Cure May 2010


to view our walk invite on FB



 To join Sisters Against Lupus  CLICK HERE & 'LIKE' our Facebook page

No comments: